Today you are fourteen months old, and I recently read something where parents wrote reasons why toddlers are awesome, so here it goes:
Fourteen things I love about you… my crazy, awesome, 14-month-old:
- How you always have to take a new food out of your mouth to examine it before eating it.
- How you now copy the “ahhhh” sound your Dada makes after taking a drink.
- How you lean forward, stick your head out, and tuck your arms in to run.
- How you turn into a mommy-seeking missile when your Dada says, “I’m gonna get you…”
- How you use the words “up” and “out” interchangeably until you obtain your desired outcome.
- How you chase the cats, hunched over, with your lips pursed, saying “mmmmm” to get a kiss.
- How when I catch you squatted to poop, you run to the nearest wall and splay your arms out, as if you’re about to be frisked.
- How you laugh, well after everyone else has stopped, and make them all laugh again.
- How whenever I hear a song on the TV, if I peek into the living room, you will inevitably be standing in front of it dancing.
- How the first time you say a word it is phonetic perfection and slowly deteriorates until it is hardly recognizable, so that people roll their eyes at me for being one of ‘those moms’.
- How you let me know you appreciate that you are still being breastfed by taking the time out during nursing sessions to blow raspberries on my breasts and give them kisses.
- How you always call out “Mama” whenever Dada gets near the end of your bedtime story.
- How you do a little, happy feet, tap dance whenever you are really happy.
- How you now give me hugs and kisses unexpectedly, just because you want to.
I love you my Silly, my Bugaboo, my Sugar Bum.
Love, Your Mama